Deep frying one bad movie after another.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Attention DVD Manufactors

There is nothing that annoys me more than paying twenty bucks for a DVD/Blu Ray and having to waste time with the anti-piracy warnings on the disc. You cannot fast forward, you can not hit your menu button nothing. You are literally held hostage for a few minutes "reading" a warning that says do not copy our material and distribute it.
Thing is, if I was going to bootleg a movie I wouldn't care about a warning label I would just do it anyways.

It doesn't really make me feel like a hostage when I rent a movie either from Netflix or the Big Red Box because I have not paid for the disc only to view it. I can see where such a warning is warranted. Something along the lines of "Do not copy and distribute" on screen for a few seconds will do the trick.

Instead on any given movie you sit through this:

(15 seconds)


Black Screen for 5 seconds

(15 seconds)


And then to make matters worse we have to get it in different languages.




Why is it when you go to the theater you do not have to see these warnings? Sure every once in a while you get an anti-piracy video but I guess since your bombarded with 30 minutes worth of Coca-Cola and Ford commercials before the previews it all equals out in the long run.

In the end I submit the final image, telling you your actual rights for purchasing a DVD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am 28 years old and will watch anything at least once. Love to review bad movies to prevent others from suffering.