Deep frying one bad movie after another.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Inglorious Basterds



Wow, look at that trailer. See how much action is displayed, pretty fucking sweet right? I mean the movie has a run time of over 2 and a half hours I don't know how they can keep the action going. Unfortunately, like most movies the trailer has given this movie a reputation it cannot live up too. Sad thing is, it doesn't even try, that 2:20 trailer has 95% of the movies' action scenes in it.

Lets get one thing straight, I love a "talkie" Quentin Tarantino is an expert in this field and I've yet to see a bad flick from him, until now. However when you run your ad campaign for an "Action Movie" around Brad Pitt and the rest of the bastards and they have a total of 19 minutes of a 2 and half hour movie I have a real problem with it.

Sad thing we all know Quentin can do an action scene, Kill Bill and Dusk til Dawn are awesome and still incorporate good dialogue. Inglorious Basterds is just one long conversation that centers around the owner of the movie theater that the trailer mentions. Basically the theater owner is a run-a-way jew who attracts the attention of Germany's version of Sgt. York, who has a movie made about him and wants it premiered at her theater.

Sounds like a good drama, but this in an action flick! Remember the guy with the baseball bat, yeah that's his one scene. The scene with the pillows over the face, yeah that is about it.

{SPOILERS}
This movie is full of failure, nothing promised in the trailer is delivered at all. But the worst part of this movie is the historical inaccuracy. I love history especially world war two history, and I appalled at the movie's ending that the entire German High Command including Adolf Hitler is killed in the theater. I do not get the point of changing history just to make a film. I can almost bet in a high school classroom someone has written that Hitler was killed by two Jewish American Soldiers brandishing machine guns.

This movie is horrible and I am glad it is the only Tarantino flick I've rented without purchasing. Thank god, I would hate to waste money of a pile of shit like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am 28 years old and will watch anything at least once. Love to review bad movies to prevent others from suffering.