Deep frying one bad movie after another.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Going with the Crowd

Recently my comments about the Saw franchise seemed to touch a nerve with several people as well as a tweet piss contest over my opinions on the movie Trick R' Treat. It got me thinking that maybe I am not a mainstream horror fan. Sure I like classic movies that the horror masses enjoyed like Friday the 13th, Child's Play and Hellraiser. But I can't help but get the feeling that the current genre of "A" horror has gone over my head.

I recently watched two movies that Twitter has toted as the greatest movies of the year: Trick R' Treat and Paranormal Activity. I couldn't have cared less about the movies. Sure Trick R' Treat had a few good scenes but I was bored with a majority of the flick. Paranormal Activity reminds me too much of the commercial teasers for Ghosthunters on the SCI-FI Channel.

I am not sure what is going to happen to me with doing reviews of current "A" list horror, I mean there are a ton of great "B" Flicks from the past that can get reviewed but who wants to read reviews on movies that have been out for 25 years or more?


Let me know what you want me to write about. Do you want more rants on the current industry, retro movie reviews or a hybrid of the two. I enjoy writing and will write to you my audience.

1 comment:

  1. I want to read reviews about old and obscure horror movies! They are the kind of film that I watch and I like to read a wide variety of opinions.

    I think if the reviewer enjoys and is passionate about what they are writing, whether it is crappy movies or ranting, then that makes good reading. I think there’s a lot more kudos having a few people appreciate what you do than loads that don’t really care. Keep enjoying doing what you do and I'll keep popping by!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am 28 years old and will watch anything at least once. Love to review bad movies to prevent others from suffering.